Friday, 12 June 2009

Preparation for photoshop work shop

To prepare for next year we are starting with a work shop on using photoshop with Mr Crompton. The first unit of work we will be introducing is Scene which will look at the Creative and Media Scene in your area. We are including the whole of the North West as our area for Scene. You will need to investigate your area and make sure that you visit as many places as possible. The summer holidays are an ideal time to do plenty of research!!

Before Thursday 25th June collect images of a local gallery or theatre. The most successful way of doing this is by visiting it and photographing it, together with collecting leaflets Etc. If you can't visit make sure that you copy images from the internet.
You will need to research your chosen building so that you know what happens there and some of its functions/history.

During the photoshop session you will be producing a flyer/leaflet about your chosen building which will include both images and text.
Suggested places to visit:- The Lowery, Urbis, Bolton Museum, Turton Tower, Manchester City Art Gallery etc.

5 comments:

  1. Hi miss, you said drop a comment so I am :)
    I'll be visiting urbis this week so I'll take plenty of pictures :D
    Ben Sofield 9T1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heelloo Miss..
    I went to Manchester today and took quite a lot of pictures of The Lowry, The Imperial War Museum, The Bridge-Water Hall and The Library Theatre. But i dont know which to do?!?! :S xx
    Elizabeth Lomax 9t3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben Sofield is the winner of a prize for being the first person to post a comment. Well done you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie I am very impressed with your research. You could use all of them to advertise Manchester rather than just one building. I love the fact that you have travelled and included more than you were asked. You have the makings of a very successful Diploma student. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nanananaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaa
    im the first follower thingy :P

    ReplyDelete